Sunday, October 28, 2007

say a little prayer for Janie and weekend updates

This is Jackie actually posting as mom on her computer...

This weekend I came home for another Cleveland wedding. I guess everyone wants to get married near Halloween, b/c Carly was at a wedding just across the hall in the next ballroom at the same hotel. (You had to pass another one, the George Bush suit to get from one ballroom to the next. I should mentioned that the Bush suit was not being used...is that an indication that Cleveland is officially back in the blue?) The weddings were also a true representation of Cleveland East vs. West. At my wedding, it was for my friend Carly from college, who grew up in Beachwood. This was my first ever Jewish wedding and first experience with the hora and hoopa and all that. Exciting stuff. The next room was full of fat, red faced Irish Ignatius guys and thier slim, evil looking Mags alum wives. It's so damn gratifying to see those assholes all grown up into douchebag, spare-tire wearing lamo adults. Ok, sorry, I digress... Carly and I seemed to manage multiple wedding crashes at slow points at our respective events. Pics from Carly are to come....

Also, this weekend, I was joined in Cleveland by Jake, the boyfriend. He has been on female with hard vowel overload, but having a great time thanks, especially to mom's hospitality. Although, last night at wedding, he lost a contact rendering him unable to perform the role as designated driver and I had another wedding first...sober. Weird. I'll give the weekend lowdown. Friday: dinner (by Mary) with Peggy & Carly and Taryn making an appearance as the gold sequinsed 'gold digger' for halloween.

Sat: brunch with Patty Ross, Carly, T, mom. On to a tour of the valley with Jake and Taryn's dog Stella (who, Taryn, I should add, it looked as if she had never seen the valley the way she was running around like a kid in a candy store. Take out that damn dog). Then, on to Brunswick---which, I thought perhaps I had taken a detour into Kentucky, but no, we were only in Medina County to an apple orchard complete with hay rides, corn mazes and apple picking. Good times. Lastly, home and off to the Rennaisance hotel for wedding fun.

Today I am about to head out to meet Dad, Patty (hopefully) and others for brunch in Ohio City. Dad requested we go to Ohio City so he could show off to Jake as the self proclaimed mayor of the OC. His ego is out of control. Then, we are to meet up with other folk from college in the E. Side. But, I have to say, we have a really lovely metropark over here on the west side and between that and the Lakewood tour of homes, Lakewood park and delicious food at casa Mary, I have put together a very appealing tour of the west side, that I feared could not be done. Hand on back, patting.

Ok, now to end on a serious note: Janie, our aunt Debbie & Sim's aunt was hit by a car on Friday night and is in the hospital in critical condition. She was leaving a movie at the Cedar Lee with Alan & Debbie when a car turned the corner and hit her hard, carrying her another 10 ft. on the hood before stopping. She has no broken bones, but there is swelling in her brain....so, say a prayer for Janie or whatever it is you do.

Thats all for now. Over & out.

No comments: